If you have interest in a career that serves the sick and needy, we welcome you to write in to us. At present, we have vacancies for the following positions:
1. Provide assessments of the clients (New assessments and re-assessments)
2. Contribute to the Individual Care Plan (ICP) to ensure holistic coverage of client’s needs
3. Facilitate rehabilitation of clients by planning and providing individual Occupational Therapy intervention.
4. Documentation of clients’ progress in case files to facilitate progress tracking
5. Planning and implementing group therapy
6. Planning and implementing group therapy for dementia ward.
7. Setup of Occupational Therapy program for therapy aides
8. Review and revise program schedule where necessary to enhance the quality of the program
9. Training of caregivers and staff
- Qualified and registered with AHPC (Full/ Restricted registration).
- Minimum 1-2 years of clinical experience in the relevant scope of practice.
- High motivation and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent communication and good interpersonal skills.
- Assess residents’ needs for therapy and to provide therapy services to the elderly.
- Develop and review treatment programmes for residents.
- Write resident care notes and reports and collect statistics.
- Supervision of physiotherapy support staff.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals to exchange information about the background and progress of residents as well as to refer residents who require other medical attention.
- Periodic checking of physiotherapy equipment and propose requisition where necessary. Ensure proper use of equipment.
- Prescription or adaptation of aids, splints and exercise equipment for residents who need special attention.
- Initiation and facilitation of group activities for recreation.
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Pleasant personality and good team-spirit
- Provide nursing care to residents including monitoring their dietary intake and medications.
- Review residents’ conditions and ensure that information is documented accordingly for doctor’s follow-up in hospitals & polyclinics.
- Ensure standards of nursing practice are adhered to at all times.
- Attend to residents’ visitors.
- Supervise and guide junior staff.
- Perform stock checks – medical and toiletries.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Must be registered with the Singapore Nursing Board.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Able to communicate in Mandarin or dialects in order to liaise with mandarin speaking residents.
- Practise as a nurse according to the standards of Practice for Nurses and Midwives (SNB, 2011)
- Practise nursing activities according to the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct from SNB,1999
- Review resident’s medical condition and treatment
- Assist RNs in administering medications
- Assist in Doctor’s round
- Update and report to RNs and Doctor with regards to change in residents’ medical condition
- Ensure nursing qualities are met
- Ensure documentation is properly maintained for all residents
- Check Resident’s diet intake
- Ensure residents’ needs are met
- Attend to residents’ visitors
- Perform residents’ education as needed
- Attend in-service or training out-stationed for improving oneself
- Supervise and guide the nursing aids in their work
- Supervised and guide the health care assistant in their work
- Any other adhoc duties as assigned
- NITEC in Nursing
- Enrolled Nurse with Singapore Nursing Board
- At least 1 year of experience in clinical care
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in English Language
Please provide full personal particulars, professional qualifications, career history and expected salary together with your testimonials, certificates and other supporting documents, and contact number to:
Society for the Aged Sick
130 Hougang Avenue 1
Attention: HR Department
Or, you can email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.