We work to support the destitute and aged sick living in the nursing home.
Help make a difference by providing rehabilitation, nursing and office support to build better lives.
- Psycho social assessment – assessing strength and resilience of the resident, family, and social support systems to help the resident
- Counselling for residents and family members – for situations in which residents suffer from poor mental states (e.g. depression, anxiety) and coping and adjustment difficulties as well as financial issues
- Financial assessment and fund management – identifying and referring cases for financial assistance
- Referral Services and Discharge Planning – working together with medical, nursing and other allied health staff to:
(i) assess new cases referred from Agency for Integrated Care or other sources for suitability
(ii) develop and implement the post discharge plan.
- Any ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Degree in Social Work
- At least 2 years of experience
- Able to communicate in Mandarin or dialects in order to liaise with Mandarin speaking residents
- Pleasant personality and good team-spirit
- Salary will commensurate with level of experience
- Assess residents’ needs for therapy and to provide therapy services to the elderly.
- Develop and review treatment programmes for residents.
- Write resident care notes and reports and collect statistics.
- Supervision of physiotherapy support staff.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals to exchange information about the background and progress of residents as well as to refer residents who require other medical attention.
- Periodic checking of physiotherapy equipment and propose requisition where necessary. Ensure proper use of equipment.
- Prescription or adaptation of aids, splints and exercise equipment for residents who need special attention.
- Initiation and facilitation of group activities for recreation.
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Pleasant personality and good team-spirit
- Provide nursing care to residents including monitoring their dietary intake and medications.
- Review residents’ conditions and ensure that information is documented accordingly for doctor’s follow-up in hospitals & polyclinics.
- Ensure standards of nursing practice are adhered to at all times.
- Attend to residents’ visitors.
- Supervise and guide junior staff.
- Perform stock checks – medical and toiletries.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Must be registered with the Singapore Nursing Board.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Able to communicate in Mandarin or dialects in order to liaise with mandarin speaking residents.
- Practise as a nurse according to the standards of Practice for Nurses and Midwives (SNB, 2011)
- Practise nursing activities according to the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct from SNB,1999
- Review resident’s medical condition and treatment
- Assist RNs in administering medications
- Assist in Doctor’s round
- Update and report to RNs and Doctor with regards to change in residents’ medical condition
- Ensure nursing qualities are met
- Ensure documentation is properly maintained for all residents
- Check Resident’s diet intake
- Ensure residents’ needs are met
- Attend to residents’ visitors
- Perform residents’ education as needed
- Attend in-service or training out-stationed for improving oneself
- Supervise and guide the nursing aids in their work
- Supervised and guide the health care assistant in their work
- Any other adhoc duties as assigned
- NITEC in Nursing
- Enrolled Nurse with Singapore Nursing Board
- At least 1 year of experience in clinical care
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Proficiency in English Language
- Assists in serving of meals and drinks to the residents
- Assists in oral feeding, eg. full or soft diets, to residents without swallowing disorders.
- Assists in activities of daily living (ADL) of residents
- Assists to keep residents clean and dry.
- Performs general housekeeping to maintain cleanliness of the nursing home, eg. mopping, sweeping and washing.
- Maintains cleanliness and tidiness of patient’s environment eg. tidiness of patient’s beds, lockers.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by nurses.
- Able to communicate in English
- Primary / Secondary education
- Relevant experience would be an advantage
- Advantageous for candidate with WSQ Certificate in Healthcare support (Nursing Care)
- Able to work shifts including weekends and public holidays
Please provide full personal particulars, professional qualifications, career history and expected salary together with your testimonials,
certificates and other supporting documents, and contact number to:
Society for the Aged Sick
130 Hougang Avenue 1
Attention: HR Department
Or, you can email us at : email@example.com
*Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.